Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting specific multiphysics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

For a simulation I have a 2D axis symmetric tube in a tube problem. In the inner tube flows (domain 1) a fluid with an inlet temperature of -5 °C. The outer tube (domain 2) contains water which is standing still (the initial temperature is 15°C). This water will slowly be frozen to ice.

For the physics I have selected a non-isothermal flow. However the water in domain 2 is not moving. Is it possible to select a non-isothermal flow only for domain 1 and let domain 2 be calculated by a heat transfer in fluids physics?

I'm asking this, because, later on, the simulation will become more complex. It would save a large amount of computational time when in domain 2 only the temperature is calculated (instead of saying many times, velocity=0).

Thank you in advance

1 Reply Last Post 4 avr. 2018, 08:39 UTC−4
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 4 avr. 2018, 08:39 UTC−4
Updated: 6 years ago 4 avr. 2018, 08:57 UTC−4

Dear Erik,

For a swift response, I would like to advise you to submit your question to support@comsol.com.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Dear Erik, For a swift response, I would like to advise you to submit your question to support@comsol.com. Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Yara Soares -------------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com -----------------------------------------------

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.