Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modefield overlap with last solution and first parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I solve for 6 modes over a parametric wavelength sweep. The higher order modes doesn't get the same solution numer for all wavelengths (due to absorption and refractive index changes with wavelength). So if I want to follow the "TEM01" mode with respect to wavelength I figured that I had to do a mode overlap integral with the "with"-operator.

When deriving values is there a way to do access the 5th solution for the first wavelength?

Eg when I integrate Ex*conj(with(5,Ex)) I only fetch the 5th solution within the same wavelength parameter but I want to integrate it always with the first wavelength parameter.

0 Replies Last Post 2 oct. 2014, 03:06 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Micke Malmström

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.