Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To find the temperature difference between two boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have built a model and found the temperature distribution over its surface. I want to plot over time the difference between the temperatures at two points over the surface. Please assist me in this regard.

2 Replies Last Post 6 août 2014, 06:50 UTC−4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 août 2013, 02:08 UTC−4
You can do this using a Join data set:

- Results > Data Sets: Add a Cut Point and enter the first point's coordinates.

- Results > Data Sets: Add a Cut Point and enter the secondt point's coordinates.

- Results > Data Sets: Add a Join and change Data 1 and Data 2 to point to the two cut points.

- Results: Add a 1D Plot Group and change its Data set to the Join data set.

- Add a Point Graph to the plot group and enter the expression that you want to plot.

By default, the Join data set evaluates the difference between the two data sets its points to, so this gives you the plot you want.

You can do this using a Join data set: - Results > Data Sets: Add a Cut Point and enter the first point's coordinates. - Results > Data Sets: Add a Cut Point and enter the secondt point's coordinates. - Results > Data Sets: Add a Join and change Data 1 and Data 2 to point to the two cut points. - Results: Add a 1D Plot Group and change its Data set to the Join data set. - Add a Point Graph to the plot group and enter the expression that you want to plot. By default, the Join data set evaluates the difference between the two data sets its points to, so this gives you the plot you want.

Posted: 10 years ago 6 août 2014, 06:50 UTC−4
Dear Gunnar Andersson,

I have modeled a laser beam welding. it is predicting the temperature distribution. i want the comsol to find the time that each node with the temperature above 810 degree Celsius , experiences between 800-500 degrees during cooling.

can you help me with that please?

kind regards
reza
Dear Gunnar Andersson, I have modeled a laser beam welding. it is predicting the temperature distribution. i want the comsol to find the time that each node with the temperature above 810 degree Celsius , experiences between 800-500 degrees during cooling. can you help me with that please? kind regards reza

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.