Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF Heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I want to use COMSOL to simulate the response of pyroelectric detector with electromagnetic heating. By using the RF module and solid heat transfer module of COMSOL, I got the results of electromagnetic heating. However, it is learned from subsequent papers that the detection response of pyroelectricity is obtained in periodic irradiation or pulse irradiation. One paper mentioned: the electromagnetic simulations were then coupled into a soildstate heat transfer simulation, where the heat source is spatially defined by the absorber power density and temporally defined by a 100 fs FWHM Gaussian pulse. That is, the energy distribution generated by RF is used as the spatial input of solid heat transfer analysis, and it is a pulse in time. I really don't know how to realize this time control (100 femtosecond Gaussian pulse). I hope you can give me some advice!

0 Replies Last Post 25 févr. 2022, 02:29 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 永图 邹

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.