Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Prescribed time dependent displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am currently working on making a peristaltic pump and analyzing the influence of different parameters. In order to analyze different heights to which the pump closes and opens again, I want to input a prescribed displacement which is timedependent and shaped like a Gaussian distribution. I use a model which works the same as the one in the following link: https://www.comsol.com/model/peristaltic-pump-985, but instead of using a prescribed displacement, a boundary load is applied. I have given it quite some different approaches, but the following error keeps occuring:

Nonlinear solver did not converge. Maximum number of segregated iterations reached. Time : 0.12828969787110892 Last time step is not converged.

In the convergence plot, you can see that the error for the velocity field and pressure do not diverge.

Would anyone happen to know what causes the error?

Kind regards, Lex

0 Replies Last Post 24 nov. 2019, 08:31 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lex Verberne

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.