Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define Neumann boundary condition?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Any body help me regarding Neumann boundary condition shown in this paper. I suppose this problem has been solved in comsol 3.5 by seelecke and presented in boston - 2008 conference. But i am trying in comsol 4.2. Please let me know how to put forward the boundary condition..:)I am attaching the paper you can see the boundary condition in section 2. If u would like to have a eye on my model to correct me i will provide u .mph file also...

Krishna Chaitanya S

3 Replies Last Post 28 févr. 2013, 05:14 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 nov. 2011, 06:01 UTC−5
Hi

indeed a nice article, but that is one of the weakness of the COMSOl conference, most articles talks about the science, but they do not add a good COMSOL model to show how it's done in COMSOL.

Clear these authors have spent days to get the model running, not everyone is ready to give that away for free. It could perhaps be a rule to ask all COSMOL conference authors to add each a good example model showing how some of their features are implemented (not necesarily the full model that often is too comple to use as starting model for others). But as I'm not from COMSOL I can only suggest this here and see what outers out there say, pehaps COMSOL company will then propose this fr next year, if we are enought to suggest it ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed a nice article, but that is one of the weakness of the COMSOl conference, most articles talks about the science, but they do not add a good COMSOL model to show how it's done in COMSOL. Clear these authors have spent days to get the model running, not everyone is ready to give that away for free. It could perhaps be a rule to ask all COSMOL conference authors to add each a good example model showing how some of their features are implemented (not necesarily the full model that often is too comple to use as starting model for others). But as I'm not from COMSOL I can only suggest this here and see what outers out there say, pehaps COMSOL company will then propose this fr next year, if we are enought to suggest it ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 nov. 2011, 00:25 UTC−5
Hi ivar,
I am looking forward for this move to be proposed by comsol core members to give people good exposure. I would appreciate if some one try to rectify my problem.

Krishna Chaitanya S.
Hi ivar, I am looking forward for this move to be proposed by comsol core members to give people good exposure. I would appreciate if some one try to rectify my problem. Krishna Chaitanya S.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2013, 05:14 UTC−5
Dear Krishnachaitanya,

I am trying to i
Dear Krishnachaitanya, I am trying to i

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.