Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding coordinates and dimensions of a point in COMSOL model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have imported a CAD model into COMSOL. But I am not able to find out the coordinates and size of a small pipe in the model. I want to know the dimensions of the pipe and its position in the model exactly so that I can make some desired changes to the model. Please help in finding those details.

4 Replies Last Post 13 juil. 2017, 12:00 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 20 juin 2017, 12:33 UTC−4
Hello Saurhab,
Use the Measure tool found on the Geometry ribbon for that. When a point is selected it will return its coordinates. When a surface is selected, it will return its surface area.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Saurhab, Use the Measure tool found on the Geometry ribbon for that. When a point is selected it will return its coordinates. When a surface is selected, it will return its surface area. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 2 juil. 2017, 20:07 UTC−4
Thanks Jeff,

It's a very important tool in COMSOL modeling.

Can you explain how to incorporate a new equation in COMSOL model for reaction engineering which is not inbuilt in COMSOL?

Saurabh
Thanks Jeff, It's a very important tool in COMSOL modeling. Can you explain how to incorporate a new equation in COMSOL model for reaction engineering which is not inbuilt in COMSOL? Saurabh

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 13 juil. 2017, 11:43 UTC−4
Hi Saurabh,
I suggest you start a separate thread, as this new question is unrelated to the current thread. You will be more likely to get answers.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Saurabh, I suggest you start a separate thread, as this new question is unrelated to the current thread. You will be more likely to get answers. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 13 juil. 2017, 12:00 UTC−4
Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your precious advice.

Saurabh
Hi Jeff, Thanks a lot for your precious advice. Saurabh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.