Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flows": Duplicate function name

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am simulating "Particle Tracing" in a Microfluidic mixer. It has 5 Inlets and one outlet. When "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" number 2 and 4 are enabled together it generates this error:

Duplicate function name.
- Name: env_pgeom_fpt
Error in multiphysics compilation.

I tried to find this function in the model but I did not find this name anywhere in the model.
Please help me to figure it out. The model is attached.
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 25 juil. 2016, 10:56 UTC−4
Christopher Boucher COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 25 juil. 2016, 08:50 UTC−4
Hi Babak,

It is not necessary to create multiple instances of the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow interface; you can have many release features, such as Inlets, in a single interface.

Nevertheless, this is some very odd behavior. How were the five instances of the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow interface set up?
* Using the Model Wizard and Add Physics menu?
* Using the COMSOL API with Java?
Hi Babak, It is not necessary to create multiple instances of the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow interface; you can have many release features, such as Inlets, in a single interface. Nevertheless, this is some very odd behavior. How were the five instances of the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow interface set up? * Using the Model Wizard and Add Physics menu? * Using the COMSOL API with Java?

Posted: 8 years ago 25 juil. 2016, 10:56 UTC−4
Hi Christopher,
I used Wizard and adding Physics menu. During the weekend I solved it but I am still not sure what was the root of this problem.
When I deleted all solutions and Physics and added them one by one (after adding each Particle Tracing Physics, the Static Fluid Flow study was performed) and not changing any Physics Label name (beforehand, I changed the name of any new added Particle Tracing Physics), the problem was solved.
Anyway, thank you for your help and notice.
Regards,
Babak
Hi Christopher, I used Wizard and adding Physics menu. During the weekend I solved it but I am still not sure what was the root of this problem. When I deleted all solutions and Physics and added them one by one (after adding each Particle Tracing Physics, the Static Fluid Flow study was performed) and not changing any Physics Label name (beforehand, I changed the name of any new added Particle Tracing Physics), the problem was solved. Anyway, thank you for your help and notice. Regards, Babak

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.