Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export tables?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs.
Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table?
Thanks,
Daniel

5 Replies Last Post 23 déc. 2010, 02:04 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov. 2010, 03:05 UTC−5
Hello Daniel,
this has been fixed in version 4.1, which is currently being shipped to customers on subscription.
Niklas Rom
COMSOL

Hi,

in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs.
Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table?
Thanks,
Daniel

Hello Daniel, this has been fixed in version 4.1, which is currently being shipped to customers on subscription. Niklas Rom COMSOL [QUOTE] Hi, in comsol 4.0a I can´t find any solution how to export the data that is stored in a table? The only possibility seems to copy the table to the clipboard. But I want to have the data to be stored into a file. I´ve already tried to draw a table plot, and to add the plot data to a report, but if I export the data of the table plot into a file an "unexpected error" occurs. Does anyone know a solution how to export the data of a table? Thanks, Daniel [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov. 2010, 04:07 UTC−5
Hello Niklas,
thank you for this hint. But in the new version will I still have to export the table data out of a table plot or will there be another solution?
Will Comsol 4.1 be available as an update to Comsol 4.0a or do I need to buy this version?
Thanks,
Daniel
Hello Niklas, thank you for this hint. But in the new version will I still have to export the table data out of a table plot or will there be another solution? Will Comsol 4.1 be available as an update to Comsol 4.0a or do I need to buy this version? Thanks, Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2010, 05:36 UTC−5
Hi,

Daniel, I have the same problem with you. Did you find the way out?

Thank you in advance.
Hi, Daniel, I have the same problem with you. Did you find the way out? Thank you in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2010, 06:02 UTC−5
Hi,

in Comsol 4.1 there is a button near the "export table to clipboard" button to export a table into a txt-file.

Furthermore in Comsol 4.1 my workaround to automatically export table data with the subnode "Report" works. If you have added a table plot, it´s now possible to export the table plot data without getting an error message.

In Comsol 4.0a there seems to be no solution yet.

Daniel
Hi, in Comsol 4.1 there is a button near the "export table to clipboard" button to export a table into a txt-file. Furthermore in Comsol 4.1 my workaround to automatically export table data with the subnode "Report" works. If you have added a table plot, it´s now possible to export the table plot data without getting an error message. In Comsol 4.0a there seems to be no solution yet. Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 déc. 2010, 02:04 UTC−5
Hi,

Daniel, thank you for your reply.

Best wishes for you.
Hi, Daniel, thank you for your reply. Best wishes for you.