Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Topology Optimization for Eigenfrequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am attempting topology optimization on a resonant beam. I select the beam as the control variable field with minimum value 1e-9 and maximum value 1. I define E_SIMP as a variable used as the Young's modulus (taken from www.comsol.com/model/topology-optimization-of-an-mbb-beam-7428). I make the Global Objective solid.freq in an attempt to maximize the frequency and constrain the beam to a volume fraction of 0.1.

The simulation runs and gives me the correct primary oscillation mode but the topology is unchanged at 0.1 volume fraction. It seems that the topology optimization isn't running.

How do I get this optimization to run?

2 Replies Last Post 4 janv. 2017, 02:33 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dustin Gerrard

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 2 juin 2016, 11:52 UTC−4
I'm trying to do the exact same thing, it seems to me the problem is that you can't select the frequency study under the MMA method. Did you get it working?

Regards,
Janeau
I'm trying to do the exact same thing, it seems to me the problem is that you can't select the frequency study under the MMA method. Did you get it working? Regards, Janeau

Posted: 8 years ago 4 janv. 2017, 02:33 UTC−5
have u solved this problem?
have u solved this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.