Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Notification of solution

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

As we all know, the time consumed by solving complex models is very lengthy. I cant just wait during computation. I have to go places else. Is there a way I can enable a notification feature to notify me if a solution or error was obtained?

This would be very helpful for me.

Regards

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

8 Replies Last Post 2 mars 2016, 12:59 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 08:32 UTC−5
Hello Abdulrahman,

Yes, COMSOL can send you an email when a simulation is completed. This is done with an app using a method that calls one of the available email commands. See the "Introduction to Application Builder" manual, version 5.2, page 287. You can access all manuals through File > Help > Documentation.
Email server settings are controlled by the File > Preferences > Email menu.

You will find a tutorial that illustrates this in the Application Libraries for COMSOL Multiphysics: look for the Tubular Reactor app under File > Application Libraries > COMSOL Multiphysics > Applications.

Note that this is a fairly new feature. I think it was introduced at 5.2. Make sure you are using the latest version.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Abdulrahman, Yes, COMSOL can send you an email when a simulation is completed. This is done with an app using a method that calls one of the available email commands. See the "Introduction to Application Builder" manual, version 5.2, page 287. You can access all manuals through File > Help > Documentation. Email server settings are controlled by the File > Preferences > Email menu. You will find a tutorial that illustrates this in the Application Libraries for COMSOL Multiphysics: look for the Tubular Reactor app under File > Application Libraries > COMSOL Multiphysics > Applications. Note that this is a fairly new feature. I think it was introduced at 5.2. Make sure you are using the latest version. Best, Jeff

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 08:39 UTC−5
Thanks for your reply. Do I have to build an app to have this feature? because in my case, I'm still not in the stage of building an app. I'm still building my model.

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
Thanks for your reply. Do I have to build an app to have this feature? because in my case, I'm still not in the stage of building an app. I'm still building my model. -- Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 08:49 UTC−5
You can simultaneously be working on building the model and the app: you don't need to have finished your model to start building your app.
It seems to be a common misconception.

Jeff
You can simultaneously be working on building the model and the app: you don't need to have finished your model to start building your app. It seems to be a common misconception. Jeff

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 08:57 UTC−5
Wow, that's a very useful tip. So the app will be automatically updated if I edited the model?

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
Wow, that's a very useful tip. So the app will be automatically updated if I edited the model? -- Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 10:15 UTC−5
Yes, you can go back and forth between the Model Builder and the Application Builder. Try it, it works great!
Jeff
Yes, you can go back and forth between the Model Builder and the Application Builder. Try it, it works great! Jeff

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Posted: 9 years ago 11 janv. 2016, 10:36 UTC−5
Your reply has been very helpful. Thank you.

Best Regards,

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
Your reply has been very helpful. Thank you. Best Regards, -- Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Posted: 8 years ago 16 janv. 2016, 13:03 UTC−5
How do I set up a gmail email in COMSOL preferences. I set the following but it didnt work:

Host: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
Security connection: TLS/SS
User: example@gmail.com
Password: ******
Default to: example@gmail.com

I wrote the following code (I attached a screenshot for my simple application) :

EmailMessage mail = new EmailMessage();
mail.setFrom(emailFromAddress());
mail.setTo(userEmailAddress());
mail.setSubject("COMSOL notification");
mail.setBodyText("Done");
mail.send();

When I run the application builder and run it, it gives me the following error:

Failed to send email.
failed to connect, no password specified?

Why does this error show up although I set the password in the preferences?

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
How do I set up a gmail email in COMSOL preferences. I set the following but it didnt work: Host: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587 Security connection: TLS/SS User: example@gmail.com Password: ****** From: example@gmail.com Default to: example@gmail.com I wrote the following code (I attached a screenshot for my simple application) : EmailMessage mail = new EmailMessage(); mail.setFrom(emailFromAddress()); mail.setTo(userEmailAddress()); mail.setSubject("COMSOL notification"); mail.setBodyText("Done"); mail.send(); When I run the application builder and run it, it gives me the following error: Failed to send email. failed to connect, no password specified? Why does this error show up although I set the password in the preferences? -- Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

Posted: 8 years ago 2 mars 2016, 12:59 UTC−5
I have the same problem with email notification.
I have the same problem with email notification.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.