Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry from results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have simulated two-phase flow patterns in COMSOL (2D) using the phase field method and I export model fem structure to matlab. My entire model has only one domain and I solve for the volume fraction in this domain. Hence volume fractions close to 1 indicate one phase and zero indicates the presence of the second phase.

I now want to define a new geometry based on the results I have obtained for doing mass transfer modeling. Say for instance, in a region containing a circular bubble (i.e. gas phase volume fraction=1), I need to create a geometry that has the exact boundary as this bubble.

My guess is that I need to obtain the values of the volume fraction at all points and try to form a curve with them and then create a solid from the curve object.

Is this the correct way / is there a better way of doing this ? Any ideas on how to go about this ?

Thanks,

Harish

1 Reply Last Post 29 sept. 2010, 08:02 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 sept. 2010, 08:02 UTC−4
Hi

I believe one way is (but I havent tried it, so pls check ;) to define a meshed sub-volume based on a specific bloean operation on the control variable and then export that mesh to a geometry (this should be possible in 3.5, not sure its ready in V4.0a, (pls check again)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe one way is (but I havent tried it, so pls check ;) to define a meshed sub-volume based on a specific bloean operation on the control variable and then export that mesh to a geometry (this should be possible in 3.5, not sure its ready in V4.0a, (pls check again) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.