Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating a magneto-electric media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, has anyone used COMSOL to simulate the magneto-electric media. If yes, please do contact me, i need some discussion.

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 1 déc. 2015, 14:28 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 1 déc. 2015, 09:21 UTC−5
Looks like quite a few people have:
scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Magnetoelectric+effect+%2B+COMSOL&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C22
Best,
Jeff
Looks like quite a few people have: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Magnetoelectric+effect+%2B+COMSOL&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C22 Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 1 déc. 2015, 12:55 UTC−5
Thanks Jeff for replying me. Actually I need to simulate a magneto-electric media in light of my own general theory. I am afraid if I can do some slight changes in the preamble of the software. Please see the attached file. I need your comments on this. Besides, I have read that paper that you have mentioned, yet I feel some problems. Please see the attached file.

Thanks and Regards,

Waqas.
Thanks Jeff for replying me. Actually I need to simulate a magneto-electric media in light of my own general theory. I am afraid if I can do some slight changes in the preamble of the software. Please see the attached file. I need your comments on this. Besides, I have read that paper that you have mentioned, yet I feel some problems. Please see the attached file. Thanks and Regards, Waqas.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 1 déc. 2015, 14:28 UTC−5
Hello Mahmood,
Yes, should you need to do that, it is possible in COMSOL to modify the pre-implemented equations the software solves, and/or you can also set your own equations from scratch if you prefer. You will find this capability extensively presented in the documentation (Look for "weak form" and "equation-based modeling" in particular), and feel free to contact COMSOL support if you need a bit more help and have a license that is eligible for this service.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Mahmood, Yes, should you need to do that, it is possible in COMSOL to modify the pre-implemented equations the software solves, and/or you can also set your own equations from scratch if you prefer. You will find this capability extensively presented in the documentation (Look for "weak form" and "equation-based modeling" in particular), and feel free to contact COMSOL support if you need a bit more help and have a license that is eligible for this service. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.