Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how can i print pdf doc

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
using my spare time to start learning 4.0, I ran into a basic and unexpected difficulty:
I tried to print portion of the pdf doc for off screen reading.. [ I have the 3.5 book but 4.0, as an update, was shipped to me without new books].

The bottom line is that picture print fine but text is not printed at all [ I got blank page after blank pages...
so here are my question
is it a non conventional built in protectionto prevent printing these files?
if not, how can i print pages of these pdf?

Thanks..
JF

6 Replies Last Post 28 avr. 2014, 23:50 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2010, 04:15 UTC−4
problem partially solved

I was using preview on my mac to do the printing
moving to acrobat reader resolved immediately the issue for me
I still have no clue why preview print these documents in white [ only the text all the graphics part print properly for example on a table I will have the lines but not the content.... is it a compatibility issue on color font argument..? seems to me a bug from another era... and I have never seen that before anyway] but it does not matter to me anymore.

JF
problem partially solved I was using preview on my mac to do the printing moving to acrobat reader resolved immediately the issue for me I still have no clue why preview print these documents in white [ only the text all the graphics part print properly for example on a table I will have the lines but not the content.... is it a compatibility issue on color font argument..? seems to me a bug from another era... and I have never seen that before anyway] but it does not matter to me anymore. JF

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2010, 04:52 UTC−4
Hi Jean François

I can only say that on my PC it prints OK, by the way try to get the latest 4.0a doc, as there are many new things for each release (in all docs) and note that the examples are now described one by onas self generated pdf doc when you open the model from the model library.

I expect that you will be particularly interested in the mph_ref.doc among other pages 289 and on and thereafter on the weak form and its implementation

Have a nice reading

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Jean François I can only say that on my PC it prints OK, by the way try to get the latest 4.0a doc, as there are many new things for each release (in all docs) and note that the examples are now described one by onas self generated pdf doc when you open the model from the model library. I expect that you will be particularly interested in the mph_ref.doc among other pages 289 and on and thereafter on the weak form and its implementation Have a nice reading -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2010, 05:05 UTC−4
Ivar,
you have a VERY good point about the "last" version doc..
How do I get it?
I get what is on the dvd...
Is there a server with updated doc?
Thanks
JF

ps as for the weak form in4.x.....:-)
it will wait a little bit I am affraid
right now I am learning about the new GUI and workflow process..
still using 3.5 for any job related work... and I think it is going to last for a while... but I will move on ultimately maybe with 4.1 we will see...
Ivar, you have a VERY good point about the "last" version doc.. How do I get it? I get what is on the dvd... Is there a server with updated doc? Thanks JF ps as for the weak form in4.x.....:-) it will wait a little bit I am affraid right now I am learning about the new GUI and workflow process.. still using 3.5 for any job related work... and I think it is going to last for a while... but I will move on ultimately maybe with 4.1 we will see...

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 oct. 2013, 22:27 UTC−4
HI there
For me ,i usually print pdf files using a pdf printer.It is convinient.You can take a look at this site:
www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-print/
By the way ,i want to know is there any powerful pdf program which supports to print multipage pdf files?
Thanks for any suggestion.
HI there For me ,i usually print pdf files using a pdf printer.It is convinient.You can take a look at this site: http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-print/ By the way ,i want to know is there any powerful pdf program which supports to print multipage pdf files? Thanks for any suggestion.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 janv. 2014, 01:59 UTC−5
I wonder whether you just want to print some pages of the PDF files? You can select a PDF printing SDK which allows users to choose the pages you want to print. I have only checked the free trial package of this one:
www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-print-pdf.shtml
It also offers Word doc printing toolkit:
www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-print-word.shtml
You can google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron
I wonder whether you just want to print some pages of the PDF files? You can select a PDF printing SDK which allows users to choose the pages you want to print. I have only checked the free trial package of this one: http://www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-print-pdf.shtml It also offers Word doc printing toolkit: http://www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-print-word.shtml You can google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck. Best regards, Arron

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 avr. 2014, 23:50 UTC−4

HI there
For me ,i usually print pdf files using a pdf printer.It is convinient.You can take a look at this site:
By the way ,i want to know is there any powerful pdf program which supports to print multipage pdf files?
Thanks for any suggestion.

hello, i have checked the site given by you, and i am interested in your pdf software, it contains so many features and functions that we can make use of. does a great job in printing.

www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-reading/
www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-processing/
[QUOTE] HI there For me ,i usually print pdf files using a pdf printer.It is convinient.You can take a look at this site: By the way ,i want to know is there any powerful pdf program which supports to print multipage pdf files? Thanks for any suggestion. [/QUOTE] hello, i have checked the site given by you, and i am interested in your pdf software, it contains so many features and functions that we can make use of. does a great job in printing. http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-reading/ http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-processing/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.