Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Entity Selection functionality - Default to "off"??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

In many of the nodes in Comsol, the entity selection tool will automatically switch green (on Windows at least) when its node is activated, indicating it is ready to accept new selections. This has, on many occasions, tripped me up as I have inadvertently clicked an entity and removed or added entities to the "selected entities" list, (usually when I am examining the graphics window, zooming in and out and rotating views etc...)
Is there any way to make sure that the entity selection tool is only switched green to accept new selections if the user explicitly clicks the "switch" UI element, (thus changing it from red to green)? This would help prevent accidental changes to the entities chosen for any given node.

Thanks for any tips!

Mark

0 Replies Last Post 29 sept. 2015, 09:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mark Harradine

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.