Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

applying drag force in fsi simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my simple 2D fully-coupled fsi transient simulation, a body is moving due to reaction force. It moves 'more' than what it has to. I think i have to manually apply drag force due this resultant motion.
somebody please point me how would I calculate drag force and how will I apply back to the body (point load/ volume force or something else)?

1 Reply Last Post 24 sept. 2015, 10:26 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 24 sept. 2015, 10:26 UTC−4

In my simple 2D fully-coupled fsi transient simulation, a body is moving due to reaction force. It moves 'more' than what it has to. I think i have to manually apply drag force due this resultant motion.
somebody please point me how would I calculate drag force and how will I apply back to the body (point load/ volume force or something else)?

Theory says that this could be Lift-induced drag (also called induced drag) that occurs due to the creation of vortices (vortex drag) and the presence of additional viscous drag (lift-induced viscous drag).

How can we calculate in Comsol?

Mr Ivar could you please?
[QUOTE] In my simple 2D fully-coupled fsi transient simulation, a body is moving due to reaction force. It moves 'more' than what it has to. I think i have to manually apply drag force due this resultant motion. somebody please point me how would I calculate drag force and how will I apply back to the body (point load/ volume force or something else)? [/QUOTE] Theory says that this could be Lift-induced drag (also called induced drag) that occurs due to the creation of vortices (vortex drag) and the presence of additional viscous drag (lift-induced viscous drag). How can we calculate in Comsol? Mr Ivar could you please?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.