Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3 D Geometry design half cylinder with block

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like design 3 D geometry which is attached in image file. can anyone help me to design Domain 2 (D2). I am getting struggle to design in Domain 2.
Please give me step by step procedure to design Domain 2 or kindly give me comsol example design file. It would be great helpful if you are giving sample design comsol file.

Thanks in advance....

2 Replies Last Post 22 sept. 2015, 11:14 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 22 sept. 2015, 11:05 UTC−4
Chapter 7 of the Reference Manual covers geometry creation. It includes extensive examples.
If you're starting with COMSOL, you want to work through some some of the step-by-step tutorials found in the Applications Libraries (File>Applications Libraries) to get the hang of it before you start out on your own models. The Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual is also recommended for first-time users.

Both the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics and the Reference Manual can be accessed through File>Help>Documentation.
Best,
Jef
Chapter 7 of the Reference Manual covers geometry creation. It includes extensive examples. If you're starting with COMSOL, you want to work through some some of the step-by-step tutorials found in the Applications Libraries (File>Applications Libraries) to get the hang of it before you start out on your own models. The Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual is also recommended for first-time users. Both the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics and the Reference Manual can be accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Best, Jef

Posted: 9 years ago 22 sept. 2015, 11:14 UTC−4
Dear Jeff Hiller,

I tried lot.but i am getting problem while design the domain 2.For connecting the cylinder with block and removing unnecessary parts i am getting confusing. If you are giving step by step procedure or example file it would be great helpful.....
Dear Jeff Hiller, I tried lot.but i am getting problem while design the domain 2.For connecting the cylinder with block and removing unnecessary parts i am getting confusing. If you are giving step by step procedure or example file it would be great helpful.....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.