Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

stress analysis in a two dimesion system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

5 Replies Last Post 12 mars 2017, 05:45 UTC−4

Posted: 9 years ago 7 août 2015, 01:49 UTC−4
Hi

I looked at your model and do not quite understand it. I suppose that in the alloy you have several phases but still only one diffusing species, oxygen. Then you do not need separate tds nodes for each phase, it is sufficient to define the diffusivity of oxygen in them. By variables c2...c7 you probably mean the oxygen concentrations in those phases? Or what are they?

Anyway, diffusion in the solid phase is extremely slow. You have given even values of 1e-50 m²/s in some phases. This means that diffusing 1 µm would take 10^38 s = 3·10^30 years while our universe is ca. 13.8·10^9 years old :) If D = 1e-17 m²/s, in 1000 hours diffusion proceeds ca. 6 µm.

So, what to do: Under one single Transport of Diluted Species (tds) node, define the diffusion coefficient in each domain, nothing else.

BR
Lasse
Hi I looked at your model and do not quite understand it. I suppose that in the alloy you have several phases but still only one diffusing species, oxygen. Then you do not need separate tds nodes for each phase, it is sufficient to define the diffusivity of oxygen in them. By variables c2...c7 you probably mean the oxygen concentrations in those phases? Or what are they? Anyway, diffusion in the solid phase is extremely slow. You have given even values of 1e-50 m²/s in some phases. This means that diffusing 1 µm would take 10^38 s = 3·10^30 years while our universe is ca. 13.8·10^9 years old :) If D = 1e-17 m²/s, in 1000 hours diffusion proceeds ca. 6 µm. So, what to do: Under one single Transport of Diluted Species (tds) node, define the diffusion coefficient in each domain, nothing else. BR Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 7 août 2015, 03:21 UTC−4
Here my solution. You may correct what I had there wrong.

BR
Lasse
Here my solution. You may correct what I had there wrong. BR Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 10 août 2015, 09:33 UTC−4
Thanks
Thanks

Posted: 9 years ago 10 août 2015, 10:26 UTC−4
OK

Your model is much more complicated that oxygen diffusion. I am afraid I am not able to help you.

BR
Lasse
OK Your model is much more complicated that oxygen diffusion. I am afraid I am not able to help you. BR Lasse

Posted: 7 years ago 12 mars 2017, 05:45 UTC−4
Hi Rahman
I am very interested in the geometry of your model. And I'm wondering if you could tell me something about the interior boundaries inside of the substrate metal, was randomly generated by a software or drawn manually by CAD?

Thank you
Xiaokang
Hi Rahman I am very interested in the geometry of your model. And I'm wondering if you could tell me something about the interior boundaries inside of the substrate metal, was randomly generated by a software or drawn manually by CAD? Thank you Xiaokang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.