Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Generating many parallel planes not cutting the entire geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on turbulent flows in a piping system. During post -processing, I would like to generate parallel planes (to Export data to a single .csv file which is then used with Matlab), that cut only the upper pipe (see image attached). However, the Quick Cut planes generated by Comsol cut both the upper and lower pipe. I tried using a parametrized surface but, it can generate only one plane at a time.

2 Replies Last Post 24 août 2015, 11:48 UTC−4
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 27 juil. 2015, 02:51 UTC−4
Dear Sagar,

you can create a selection in the dataset, which only selects the top segment. The cutline result set will then also contain the top part only. See screenshot for how this is done.

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Sagar, you can create a selection in the dataset, which only selects the top segment. The cutline result set will then also contain the top part only. See screenshot for how this is done. Best regards, Frank

Posted: 9 years ago 24 août 2015, 11:48 UTC−4
Thanks Frank.

Kind regards,
Sagar K. Zade.
Thanks Frank. Kind regards, Sagar K. Zade.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.