Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interior port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all thanks for your help in the beginning. I am simulating a problem of periodic nano-wires on silicon substrate and I want to calculate the spectral transmittance after the interface between the nano-wires and the substrate but when I put a port at this interface, I get the following error "The slit condition should be applied only on an interior boundary or the port should be placed on an exterior boundary.". How to solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 7 juil. 2015, 05:19 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 7 juil. 2015, 05:19 UTC−4
While I am not sure if ports can indeed be placed on interiror boundaries, I will suggest you to simply compute the power flux through the interface you are interested in. It is the same as abs(emw.s21)^2
While I am not sure if ports can indeed be placed on interiror boundaries, I will suggest you to simply compute the power flux through the interface you are interested in. It is the same as abs(emw.s21)^2

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.