Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid-Structure Interaction In a Cylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi EveryBody;
I recently heard about Fluid-Structure Interaction, so i want a model with this Physical module in a cylinder if it's possible.
i also want to know if there is a difference between the FSI in Comsol 4.2a and 5.0 ?
Thanks in advance

4 Replies Last Post 11 juin 2015, 04:47 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2 juin 2015, 11:44 UTC−4
An introductory-level FSI model can be found here: www.comsol.com/model/fluid-structure-interaction-361
I hope it helps you get start.
Best,
Jeff
An introductory-level FSI model can be found here: http://www.comsol.com/model/fluid-structure-interaction-361 I hope it helps you get start. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 2 juin 2015, 15:02 UTC−4
thanks Jeff,
This is 2D model simulation, i did it i my comsol before i come here, so i want a 3D simulaion of the modul FSI if that's possible.
thank you sincerely
best regards
thanks Jeff, This is 2D model simulation, i did it i my comsol before i come here, so i want a 3D simulaion of the modul FSI if that's possible. thank you sincerely best regards

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2 juin 2015, 15:13 UTC−4
The approach illustrated in 2D by that tutorial applies in 3 dimensions as well.
If you face a specific challenge and have an eligible license, please contact COMSOL's support team with your question: support@comsol.com.
Best regards,
Jeff
The approach illustrated in 2D by that tutorial applies in 3 dimensions as well. If you face a specific challenge and have an eligible license, please contact COMSOL's support team with your question: support@comsol.com. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 11 juin 2015, 04:47 UTC−4
hello,
i tried from this exemple to simulat this exemple but it doesn't work, so my question is the FSI study the fluid structur interaction of two objects or it can be used with multipl kind of structurs
best regards
SEKHANE Djalal
hello, i tried from this exemple to simulat this exemple but it doesn't work, so my question is the FSI study the fluid structur interaction of two objects or it can be used with multipl kind of structurs best regards SEKHANE Djalal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.