Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Shared Boundary Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am kind of new to COMSOL. I am working on impedance meta surfaces. My 2D geometry consists of two identical rectangles which share one common impedance boundary. I cannot figure out how do I have two objects which can have a shared impedance boundary which I will define using impedance boundary condition. What I have done so far is:
1) Create first rectangle with a line current as Union since the line current lies in the first rectangle.
2) Create second rectangle and used form assembly.
Help is much appreciated.

3 Replies Last Post 25 mai 2015, 10:45 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 24 mai 2015, 10:20 UTC−4

The impedance BC is for external boundaries only. For your application you should try the transition BC.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
The impedance BC is for external boundaries only. For your application you should try the transition BC. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago 25 mai 2015, 08:10 UTC−4
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Can I use transition boundary condition as Impedance boundary condition? Because I need to use the equation which is specified in the impedance boundary condition. I am simulating negative refraction using impedance conjugating surfaces.
Here is my model file
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Can I use transition boundary condition as Impedance boundary condition? Because I need to use the equation which is specified in the impedance boundary condition. I am simulating negative refraction using impedance conjugating surfaces. Here is my model file

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 25 mai 2015, 10:45 UTC−4

I suggest you check the equations in the documentation and decide whether they are appropriate for your task.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I suggest you check the equations in the documentation and decide whether they are appropriate for your task. -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.