Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

drift diffusion setting

MohammadHasan Khaliji Oskouei

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
can you help me how can i set the drift diffusion and poasion equation, together in PDE part ?

best regard
mohammad

8 Replies Last Post 6 janv. 2011, 09:38 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 juil. 2010, 11:17 UTC−4
Hello,
What exactly do you want to achieve? if i get your question right, you need poisson equation and diffussion whiich you can easily get via Es and CD modules.

Bawa
Hello, What exactly do you want to achieve? if i get your question right, you need poisson equation and diffussion whiich you can easily get via Es and CD modules. Bawa

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 juil. 2010, 12:08 UTC−4
hi
dear Bawa

actually i trying to modeling the second part of the paper i attached and i need to study the part of drift diffusion and possion equation together for modeling the DBD.can u help me how can i set this equation?

best regard
mohammad
hi dear Bawa actually i trying to modeling the second part of the paper i attached and i need to study the part of drift diffusion and possion equation together for modeling the DBD.can u help me how can i set this equation? best regard mohammad

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 juil. 2010, 13:46 UTC−4
Dear Mohammed,

It appears to me as if we are using the same concept with slightly different applications. Can you see the streamer mph file i posted in the forum may be it can help.

Cheers
Dear Mohammed, It appears to me as if we are using the same concept with slightly different applications. Can you see the streamer mph file i posted in the forum may be it can help. Cheers

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 juil. 2010, 14:07 UTC−4
Have you guys seen the recently released Plasma Module:

www.comsol.com/products/plasma/

You can use the Plasma Module to simulate DBD's.
Have you guys seen the recently released Plasma Module: http://www.comsol.com/products/plasma/ You can use the Plasma Module to simulate DBD's.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 juil. 2010, 06:55 UTC−4
Dear Daniel

At the beginning, I appreciate your attention and helps, but I think I have 2 difficulties in modeling of the DBD:
1- we have Comsol V3.5a in the university and I have to use that model and I can not fine some helps about the DBD modeling I fined in that paper because all of I can fined are about the DBD reactors.
2- in modeling that paper I need the “COLLISIONS AND REACTIONS MODELED” for air and I can not fined that, as a mention in the modeling I seen in the link you are send it a saw they import these reaction equation.
According to that paper I saw (Rouffet paper), I tried to set the equation manually and according to plasma modeling I need the combined the drift diffusion and poison’s equation together but I can not fined the drift equation part to defined.
It is my pleasure If would possible for you to help me to modeling that phenomenon was modeling in the Rouffet paper.

Beat Regard
Mohammad
Dear Daniel At the beginning, I appreciate your attention and helps, but I think I have 2 difficulties in modeling of the DBD: 1- we have Comsol V3.5a in the university and I have to use that model and I can not fine some helps about the DBD modeling I fined in that paper because all of I can fined are about the DBD reactors. 2- in modeling that paper I need the “COLLISIONS AND REACTIONS MODELED” for air and I can not fined that, as a mention in the modeling I seen in the link you are send it a saw they import these reaction equation. According to that paper I saw (Rouffet paper), I tried to set the equation manually and according to plasma modeling I need the combined the drift diffusion and poison’s equation together but I can not fined the drift equation part to defined. It is my pleasure If would possible for you to help me to modeling that phenomenon was modeling in the Rouffet paper. Beat Regard Mohammad

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2010, 05:53 UTC−4
Hi,

I am also trying to model the drift-diffusion model form of continuity equation and Poisson's equation for electrons and ions. I have checked drift- diffusion model in Plasma module in Comsol 4.0 and I am facing the following problems:
1) The model only describes the electron equation (how to add the ion equation)
2) On the right hand side of the equation the unknown's are ne and ni. How to give an unknown quantity on the right hand side.
3) the equations are coupled PDE's, can you suggest that can handle coupled PDE's (2 species and 3 equations : two for electron, ion and one for electric field)

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

regards

Suparna
Hi, I am also trying to model the drift-diffusion model form of continuity equation and Poisson's equation for electrons and ions. I have checked drift- diffusion model in Plasma module in Comsol 4.0 and I am facing the following problems: 1) The model only describes the electron equation (how to add the ion equation) 2) On the right hand side of the equation the unknown's are ne and ni. How to give an unknown quantity on the right hand side. 3) the equations are coupled PDE's, can you suggest that can handle coupled PDE's (2 species and 3 equations : two for electron, ion and one for electric field) I would really appreciate if you can help me. regards Suparna

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 déc. 2010, 00:26 UTC−5
Hi,

I also have studied the DBD example in Plasma Module of 4.0, yet, I faced the same problem with you. Have you settled these problems, especially the 1> point. I eagerly want to know.

Hope your reply. Thanks!
Hi, I also have studied the DBD example in Plasma Module of 4.0, yet, I faced the same problem with you. Have you settled these problems, especially the 1> point. I eagerly want to know. Hope your reply. Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 janv. 2011, 09:38 UTC−5
you are here
you are here

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.