Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Glass Blowing on a Wafer Level

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am pretty new in doing material deformation problem. Here, some cylindrical cavities are etched in the silicon wafer and a borosilicate glasswafer (Pyrex 7740) is anodically bonded to the silicon wafer.Due to the high temperature, the pressure of the trapped air inside the sealed cavities increases and the glass deforms into spherical shapes. I would like to simulatethis process. The schematic drawing is as the attached picture. Does anyone have the idea how to perform this kind of modeling? Any input will be very thankful.

Joe

2 Replies Last Post 27 avr. 2015, 23:23 UTC−4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 9 years ago 27 avr. 2015, 18:31 UTC−4
Hi Joe,

You may not need a full FSI analysis for this problem (depending on the details of course). Check out COMSOL Model Gallery ID 206 to see how they modeled the sealed air. You can modify that to include the expansion resulting from temperature. I also described a similar approach briefly in this FSI webinar: www.comsol.com/video/simulating-fluid-structure-interaction-comsol-multiphysics

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Joe, You may not need a full FSI analysis for this problem (depending on the details of course). Check out COMSOL Model Gallery ID 206 to see how they modeled the sealed air. You can modify that to include the expansion resulting from temperature. I also described a similar approach briefly in this FSI webinar: https://www.comsol.com/video/simulating-fluid-structure-interaction-comsol-multiphysics Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 9 years ago 27 avr. 2015, 23:23 UTC−4
Dear Nagi Elabbasi,
Thank you so much for your reply. Your suggestions are very helpful for me.
one more question: At high temperature ,the glass wil be glassy state and it deforms into spherical shapes.But the only physical field of deformation i found in comsol was the solid mechanics,so how to define the deformation of the model which in glassy state.Whether is applicable to solid mechanics?

Good luck
Dear Nagi Elabbasi, Thank you so much for your reply. Your suggestions are very helpful for me. one more question: At high temperature ,the glass wil be glassy state and it deforms into spherical shapes.But the only physical field of deformation i found in comsol was the solid mechanics,so how to define the deformation of the model which in glassy state.Whether is applicable to solid mechanics? Good luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.