Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in simulating insulator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi experts
i have modeled a 3D 400 kV 25-disc insulator. due to computational problems, i made a 2D model from 3D model. however, the results are not satisfying. all electric potential is across the first insulator near the high voltage side and it seems that the other 24 discs are somehow grounded.
Do you have any idea what the problem is?
i truly appreciate your help in resolving the problem
best regards
Orhan

2 Replies Last Post 28 avr. 2015, 01:32 UTC−4

Posted: 9 years ago 26 avr. 2015, 10:03 UTC−4
The problem is you have floating nodes and the system doesn't know how much charge is stored there. A slow transient ramp starting from zero bias will give you what you expect.
The problem is you have floating nodes and the system doesn't know how much charge is stored there. A slow transient ramp starting from zero bias will give you what you expect.

Posted: 9 years ago 28 avr. 2015, 01:32 UTC−4
Dear Daniel
thank you very much for your answer.
since i am a newbie on the Comsol, i could understand what u told to some extent. i corrected the model a bit. however,there are still some problems. i wonder if you let me have your email. then i could send the file to you and if possible, tell me what mistakes i have made.
best regards
Orhan
Dear Daniel thank you very much for your answer. since i am a newbie on the Comsol, i could understand what u told to some extent. i corrected the model a bit. however,there are still some problems. i wonder if you let me have your email. then i could send the file to you and if possible, tell me what mistakes i have made. best regards Orhan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.