Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting time-dependent boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo!

I'm new to COMSOL and I have a problem which must be very easy to professionals while confusing for me.

Here is my problem:
I want to solve a 2D acoustic model with the method of transient analysis because one of the boundaries on the geometry should be fed a time-dependent pressure wave. However, the time-dependent pressure wave is in the form of a MATLAB m x 1 column vector where m denotes the number of time steps. In this situation, how can I set the boundary condition of the wave input boundary so that the pressure column vector is imported to the boundary?

I've looked up the manual "MATLAB Interface Guide" but couldn't find how to import vectors from MATLAB to COMSOL. Could someone please tell me how?

Thanks very much in advance!

Maximus

ps. the attachment shows where I'm stuck! I want to replace the scalar variable "p_i_acpr" with my own column vector.

0 Replies Last Post 6 juil. 2010, 13:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maximus Hsieh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.