Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

matlab function for comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am wondering if I could define a matlab function and use it in comsol e.g. to calculate a variable.
Would that be possible??

Regards, Sabine

2 Replies Last Post 30 juin 2010, 05:12 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juin 2010, 03:55 UTC−4
Which version of Comsol do you use ?
I think that for the v4, you can use Matlab functions as long as you have the LiveLink for Matlab.

See Comsol Multiphysics 4.0 User's Guide, p 209 and LiveLink User's Guide p14.

When using v3.5a, you must run 'Comsol Multiphysics with Matlab', assuming you have given Comsol the path to Matlab during setup. More informations on that matter on Comsol Multiphysics 3.5a User's Guide, p 161.

Good luck.
Which version of Comsol do you use ? I think that for the v4, you can use Matlab functions as long as you have the LiveLink for Matlab. See Comsol Multiphysics 4.0 User's Guide, p 209 and LiveLink User's Guide p14. When using v3.5a, you must run 'Comsol Multiphysics with Matlab', assuming you have given Comsol the path to Matlab during setup. More informations on that matter on Comsol Multiphysics 3.5a User's Guide, p 161. Good luck.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juin 2010, 05:12 UTC−4
Hi Yannick,

well, I intent to use version 4.0 (with Livelink).
I am familiar how it works in 3.5a, but I must upgrade ...

So I will have a try.
Do you know if I have access to the coordinates of each boundary or subdomain?

I am wondering if I also could use postprocessing data somehow. Does somebody know that?

Regards, Sabine
Hi Yannick, well, I intent to use version 4.0 (with Livelink). I am familiar how it works in 3.5a, but I must upgrade ... So I will have a try. Do you know if I have access to the coordinates of each boundary or subdomain? I am wondering if I also could use postprocessing data somehow. Does somebody know that? Regards, Sabine

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.