Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Line with dipole moment density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm new in Comsol.

Is there way to add line with some dipole moment density to stationary electric current model.

I've tried Parametric Curve + Line Current Source
but it probably cannot be used in stationary model
Error message is:
"Failed to find a solution: Very ill-conditioned preconditioner. The relative residual is more than 1000 times larger than the relative tolerance. Returned solution has not converged."

1 Reply Last Post 23 févr. 2015, 09:04 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 23 févr. 2015, 09:04 UTC−5
Problem is same if one wants to give dipole moment density to 2D boundary or 3D domain.
Only current source, not dipole is choosable.

Also, I think would it be possible to give dipole moment density to single tetrahedron of the mesh, but I don't find way to this, either.
Problem is same if one wants to give dipole moment density to 2D boundary or 3D domain. Only current source, not dipole is choosable. Also, I think would it be possible to give dipole moment density to single tetrahedron of the mesh, but I don't find way to this, either.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.