Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Partial slip" flow for "polymer melt" flow inside a "Micro channel"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a project where in I need to simulate flow of viscous polymer inside a micro channel.There are two things that differ from the ordinary case ( water through Silicon micro channel ) for me :-

1. There is slip , but it is not full slip but "partial slip" .

( The reason is polymer melt will have "finger" like structures flowing at the edges in front of the meniscus.For a clear idea please refer the figure attached. If no idea is available about a partial slip, input regarding full slip would be welcome as well. Is this thing even possible in COMSOL ?)

2. The other is that it is not water but a thick/ viscous polymer melt.

This is what am I looking for :-

1. I will be grateful if anyone can provide rough steps to go about the simulation and help with the above boundary conditions.

2. Further, possible hick ups I may have / problems I may face for this unique problem.

3. Any other precaution / word of advice is also welcome.

Thanks! I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with all / any of the above steps.

0 Replies Last Post 20 févr. 2015, 15:23 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Suhas E P

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.