Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply non-uniform boundary load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm new to COMSOL and have been trying to build a septic tank model, in which I want to apply a load that starts at 0 (on the top lid of the tank) and increases to a known value -P at the bottom, as shown on the attached sketch. I'm using 2D axissymetric. How should I proceed to do so?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 3 janv. 2015, 12:20 UTC−5

Posted: 10 years ago 2 janv. 2015, 03:16 UTC−5
Write an equation in the boundary condition box. For example, if the z coordinate runs from 0 (bottom) to H (lid) and pressure changes linearly, write

p*(1 - z/H)

br
Lasse
Write an equation in the boundary condition box. For example, if the z coordinate runs from 0 (bottom) to H (lid) and pressure changes linearly, write p*(1 - z/H) br Lasse

Posted: 10 years ago 3 janv. 2015, 12:20 UTC−5
Thanks, sir. I actually had a similar thought yesterday with P*(z/H), but for that to work I had to draw the geometry upside down. Now the problem is solved.

Thanks, sir. I actually had a similar thought yesterday with P*(z/H), but for that to work I had to draw the geometry upside down. Now the problem is solved.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.