Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Body force driven flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am trying to generate a body force driven flow. Consider a simple pipe , radius 0.2 m , length 2 m. Lets assume there is a uniform volumetric body force of ( the momentum source term F) 100 N/m^3 on the fluid in the tube (water) in the axial direction. I set that through laminar flow (spf) -> volume forces and set only the axial component of the force = 100 N/m^3.
Now, the question is what should be the inlet and outlet boundary condition? My objective is to compute the steady state velocity developed due to the body force. So I don't know the inlet or outlet velocity at the boundary. I can set 0 pressure boundary at the outlet, but what about the inlet? I tried symmetry, laminar inflow with zero pressure and inlet with zero pressure. But the solution does not converge. Am I missing something simple? This should be one of the easiest simulations. The model file is attached

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,
Souvik

0 Replies Last Post 22 déc. 2014, 18:26 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Souvik Pal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.