Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

back flow and Recoverable error in residual,

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am doing some simulation on Peristaltic pump by using comsol model from the model gallery.But when I am trying to change viscosity to very high,i am getting some error message like"
Recoverable error in residual, but solver could not recover.
Time : 0.3443258342877595
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)"

Also,I am getting back-flow when increasing the viscosity. why?
Can anyone help me to fix them?

In addition,I tried to change viscosity at the pressured part of the tube(when rotor is engaged and applies maximum pressure) as function of time by using the following smoothed unit step function:for water,
vis=.001+x*flc2hs(ts-0.5,0.0001)-.001*flc2hs(ts-0.5001,.9999) and then in material viscosity table call the function by vis(t/dt).
it worked for higher viscosity in pressured part of the tube where changing viscosity x.
As I am very new in comsol,can someone confirm me that the function is OK?
In this case I am getting some back flow as well.why?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 6 nov. 2014, 11:34 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Fayaz Ahamed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.