Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

buckling add hidrostatic pressure analisys

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone
I need modelate two different analisys, but last using results of the first simulation, because first I have plastic buckling in a thin shell tank with external pressure. Practically I have a plastic deformation in a shell and like you know a strain hardening. With the results of this simulation I need to know what is the behaviour of this structure deformation if I subject to this deformation structure to external pressure. My question is possible to use the results of one simulation to another???

2 Replies Last Post 5 nov. 2014, 10:36 UTC−5

Posted: 10 years ago 3 nov. 2014, 03:11 UTC−5
Hi,

yes, you can use the simulation results of a given study as the initial condition for a second study. you need to add a new study and then under values of dependent variables, activate initial values of variables solved for, then, select method Solution and study select the study you need to use its results as the initial solution. Also, it is preferred to do the same for the non solved variables.

Hope this will be useful for you

BR
Mohamed
Hi, yes, you can use the simulation results of a given study as the initial condition for a second study. you need to add a new study and then under values of dependent variables, activate initial values of variables solved for, then, select method Solution and study select the study you need to use its results as the initial solution. Also, it is preferred to do the same for the non solved variables. Hope this will be useful for you BR Mohamed

Posted: 10 years ago 5 nov. 2014, 10:36 UTC−5
Mohamed, do you have some tutorial to this Topics???
Flavio
Thanks
Mohamed, do you have some tutorial to this Topics??? Flavio Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.