Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Near field\ Far field in wave optics module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to study the near field and far field scattering using the wave optics module . For far field there is an option under the domain section in physics node. Is there a similar function for near field? I need to calculate the electric field distribution in the near field.

2 Replies Last Post 8 déc. 2015, 10:08 UTC−5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago 17 sept. 2014, 23:00 UTC−4
I think you may be interested in a short paper that I just uploaded to Comsol's Model Exchange. The paper describes one way to compute the radiated near-fields from an aperture antenna, when working within the RF module. The approach is based on a near-field version of the Stratton-Chu aperture-integration method. See www.comsol.com/community/exchange/247/ .
I think you may be interested in a short paper that I just uploaded to Comsol's Model Exchange. The paper describes one way to compute the radiated near-fields from an aperture antenna, when working within the RF module. The approach is based on a near-field version of the Stratton-Chu aperture-integration method. See http://www.comsol.com/community/exchange/247/ .

Posted: 9 years ago 8 déc. 2015, 10:08 UTC−5
Hi Robert,

Can I use the same method to find the near field for a slab waveguide ?

Thanks
Hi Robert, Can I use the same method to find the near field for a slab waveguide ? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.