Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Which Physics should I include?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I modeled a system using Joule Heating Module.

The idea is to get the temperature distribution around a planar wire setup. I applied a static current. Defined all the heat transfer condition. Everything ok.

The planar wire consists of two materials (Cu and Ag); one on top of another. Since the current is relatively high, the wire is going melt. And Ag is going to melt first. This would of course have an influence on the current distribution.

So, with that in mind I would like to add this thermal expansion/deformation/melting effect into the model?

What would be the best choice for this purpose to put next to Joule Heating? Any tutorial suggestions?

Thanks,
Bartu

1 Reply Last Post 11 sept. 2014, 05:41 UTC−4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 11 sept. 2014, 05:41 UTC−4
Hi Bartu,

I think the following could be good entry level tutorials into that matter:
www.ch.comsol.com/model/12701
www.ch.comsol.com/model/continuous-casting-382

Best regards,
Sven
Hi Bartu, I think the following could be good entry level tutorials into that matter: www.ch.comsol.com/model/12701 www.ch.comsol.com/model/continuous-casting-382 Best regards, Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.