Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

inductive heating - moving mesh problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i try to simulate a 3D model with a rigid coil over a moving metal-part. The simulation consists of three physics: moving mesh (ale), magnetic and electric fields (mef) and heat transfer (ht).
I implemented all three studies and particularly they work fine, but the problem is that the electromagnetic heat source moves with the partboundary and does not remain under the coil.

I have three single studies:

1. time-dependent: ale
2. time-dependent: mef
3. time-dependent: ht

So can anybody tell me where is my mistake?

Thank you

Robert

1 Reply Last Post 2 sept. 2014, 03:58 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2 sept. 2014, 03:58 UTC−4
Hallo,

you should check the coordinate frames, Comsol has material frame (with capital XYZ) and space frame (small xyz). Although the part moves you should use transfer the heat density from emf to ht in the material frame.

In ht/Heat Source do you see a frame selection? Choose material?

I hope that does the trick.

Regards

Jens
Hallo, you should check the coordinate frames, Comsol has material frame (with capital XYZ) and space frame (small xyz). Although the part moves you should use transfer the heat density from emf to ht in the material frame. In ht/Heat Source do you see a frame selection? Choose material? I hope that does the trick. Regards Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.