Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wave refliction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Haloo i am new user for comsol, i am modeling A buoy floating in swiming pool, i am using 2D Axisymmetry, when i put some load on the bouy its start to creat waves i am studying the behavior for this buoy. and compare it with some result i got it from experiment. THe problem was there a wave refliction and coming back. i try to damp it using out let with all option i have ....still that refliction happend.
and other thing i need to plot it in frequancy domain , should i solve it again in Eigenfrequancy or there is a way to polt the parameters fro postprosses ??

please i realneed u r answer ......
regards

5 Replies Last Post 21 avr. 2010, 17:52 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 avr. 2010, 09:20 UTC−4
To avoid wave reflexion the best way is to use a perfectly matched layer (PML). unfortunatly, this kind of pml is only available for the structural module (frequency response).For a navier stoke application (i suppose that you use this kind of physic) i miss theoritical background and article. So anybody who have dealt with a wave hydrodynamic reflexion problem is welcomed and invited to share his knowledge...
To avoid wave reflexion the best way is to use a perfectly matched layer (PML). unfortunatly, this kind of pml is only available for the structural module (frequency response).For a navier stoke application (i suppose that you use this kind of physic) i miss theoritical background and article. So anybody who have dealt with a wave hydrodynamic reflexion problem is welcomed and invited to share his knowledge...

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 avr. 2010, 11:06 UTC−4
please any help!!
please any help!!

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 avr. 2010, 03:37 UTC−4
Just have a look at the model i posted(ricci.pdf). In this model, navier stoke équation is replaced by a potential irrotationnal equation (laplace equation )This kind of equation is easily turned out to an absorbing layer :
you just have to put absorbing coefficient in a way near from the ML principle (second post steeneken.pdf).
waiting for news....
Just have a look at the model i posted(ricci.pdf). In this model, navier stoke équation is replaced by a potential irrotationnal equation (laplace equation )This kind of equation is easily turned out to an absorbing layer : you just have to put absorbing coefficient in a way near from the ML principle (second post steeneken.pdf). waiting for news....

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 avr. 2010, 08:53 UTC−4
Hi Thibault;

thanks for your help i realy apreciated ...i will update my model and update u with my result

regards

Salim
Hi Thibault; thanks for your help i realy apreciated ...i will update my model and update u with my result regards Salim

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 avr. 2010, 17:52 UTC−4
haloo

i checked the paper he used modes i dont know from where he got it, he didnt show up the comsol work ...i am still stuck

any help please
notes (I am attaching my model to check )

Salim
haloo i checked the paper he used modes i dont know from where he got it, he didnt show up the comsol work ...i am still stuck any help please notes (I am attaching my model to check ) Salim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.