Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting results from different piezos in same setup

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I have a 2D model with three piezos attached to the same chamber, where I produce a gaussian explosion.

I want to study how the different position of the piezos affects the sound pick-up, therefore I would like to see the voltage induced in each of the three piezo independently.

However, when I try to plot the results (1D Plot Group -> Line Graph) for the floating potential at the piezo interface, selecting each time a different piezo, I get always the same plot. I also tried to select one of the walls of the piezo that I had set as "No charge" and still I get the same results, so I don't know what I'm plotting.

I could attach my model if it helps.

UPDATE: I plotted the total displacement instead of the floating voltage and I get different plots for different piezos' interface, so the problem is with the floating pot.

0 Replies Last Post 17 juil. 2014, 09:38 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giacomo Caria

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.