Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Human Torso Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone have any idea on how to create a 3D human torso?? Any help would be appreciatted! Thanks

5 Replies Last Post 21 juil. 2014, 09:13 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 juil. 2014, 07:05 UTC−4
Hi,
Depends on the complexity of the model you want, there are various options.
you may use 3D slicer or simpleware to create a 3D model from a CT or MRI or you could just simplify the torso and model it with the geometry options you have in comsol, or if you have access to CAD import module, develop a model in Solidworks or etc. import it to COMSOL.

Hi, Depends on the complexity of the model you want, there are various options. you may use 3D slicer or simpleware to create a 3D model from a CT or MRI or you could just simplify the torso and model it with the geometry options you have in comsol, or if you have access to CAD import module, develop a model in Solidworks or etc. import it to COMSOL.

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 juil. 2014, 08:55 UTC−4
I think I am looking to do a simpler model. For that purpose, what would you recommend? Thanks Hadis!
I think I am looking to do a simpler model. For that purpose, what would you recommend? Thanks Hadis!

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 juil. 2014, 11:25 UTC−4
How would you go about simplifiying the torso and then modeling it in Comsol with the different geometry options? I really need help. It would be greatly appreciated
How would you go about simplifiying the torso and then modeling it in Comsol with the different geometry options? I really need help. It would be greatly appreciated

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 juil. 2014, 02:35 UTC−4
The method that I can suggest is have a CT scan of your real or replica of human torso model then import the CT scan images to a 3D imaging software called Amira or Avizo to create a 3D geometry of a model.
The method that I can suggest is have a CT scan of your real or replica of human torso model then import the CT scan images to a 3D imaging software called Amira or Avizo to create a 3D geometry of a model.

Posted: 10 years ago 21 juil. 2014, 09:13 UTC−4

How would you go about simplifying the torso and then modelling it in Comsol with the different geometry options? I really need help. It would be greatly appreciated

Well, I've tried to simulate human trunk by simplifying and the steps were:
I used cones for lungs, a sphere for heart, a semi- cylinder for the surrounding area with thin layers to define fat or skin, it really depends on what you really want to measure or simulate and how much precision you need .
It's important (at least for me it was) to keep the volume of different organs close to the real volume.
If you have troubles "drawing" in comsol, use Solidworks which is more suitable. ( only if you have access to CAD module to import it later to your COMSOL)

[QUOTE] How would you go about simplifying the torso and then modelling it in Comsol with the different geometry options? I really need help. It would be greatly appreciated [/QUOTE] Well, I've tried to simulate human trunk by simplifying and the steps were: I used cones for lungs, a sphere for heart, a semi- cylinder for the surrounding area with thin layers to define fat or skin, it really depends on what you really want to measure or simulate and how much precision you need . It's important (at least for me it was) to keep the volume of different organs close to the real volume. If you have troubles "drawing" in comsol, use Solidworks which is more suitable. ( only if you have access to CAD module to import it later to your COMSOL)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.