Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unpolarized light

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to shine not polarized light on my structure, but I don't know how. I tried to do like if I polarized light but with no magnetic field. Meaning that took what is on the Fresnel equations model and change the field to zero but is gives me the following error:
Undefined value found
-Detail: Undefined value found in the constraint residual vector: NaN or Inf in vector

Please, can someone help me?

Have a great day,

Phil

1 Reply Last Post 4 juil. 2014, 08:04 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 juil. 2014, 08:04 UTC−4
Hi Philippe,

Maybe you have to think about what unpolarized light actually is.

I think it is equal amounts of both orthagonal polarisations. So I think you can insert both polarisations with equal amplitude, and the results is what you get for unpolarised light.
Hi Philippe, Maybe you have to think about what unpolarized light actually is. I think it is equal amounts of both orthagonal polarisations. So I think you can insert both polarisations with equal amplitude, and the results is what you get for unpolarised light.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.