Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with piezoelectric impedance two method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I use two method to calculate piezoelectric impedance.
method 1:
I use (pzd.Y11) to calculate impedance of piezoelectric.

method 2:
I use Electrical Circuit (cir) coupled with Piezoelectric Devices (pzd). I connect voltage source to a resistor and resistor to piezoelectric in frequency domain. I read Electrical Potential (V) piezoelectric and current of Current Through Device resistor (cir.R1_i) in frequency domain. the impedance would be Z=V/I.

but the results of two methods are different.
please attached file.

Would you please help me for this difference?

Regards

3 Replies Last Post 13 sept. 2014, 03:41 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mars 2014, 09:30 UTC−4

Y11 is admittance , not impedance!

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Y11 is admittance , not impedance! -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mars 2014, 11:16 UTC−4
Thank you for your quick reply.

I know this term is admittance.
I use this term and convert it to impedance.

Regards
Thank you for your quick reply. I know this term is admittance. I use this term and convert it to impedance. Regards

Posted: 10 years ago 13 sept. 2014, 03:41 UTC−4
I also want to try the second method, but I can not succeed, error always happen. could you please send me your file of second method, giving me a reference. thank you. xiongbin@postech.ac.kr
I also want to try the second method, but I can not succeed, error always happen. could you please send me your file of second method, giving me a reference. thank you. xiongbin@postech.ac.kr

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.