Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Result>>Derived Values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I try to find the model's normal stress by using Result>>Derived Values section. Attached model shows what I had done. I want to find the normal pressure at the inner surface. Since I expand the model by applying pressure up to 600Pa, so the normal pressure experienced by the inner surface should be 600Pa as well. When I did 3D plot on normal pressure (Surface 1 plot), without considering the ring part of the model (since pressure distribution is not uniform), the rest of the surface shows normal pressure approaching -600Pa (directional difference leads to negative value). To double check, I export the plot into excel file and average the normal pressure for z<-0.2. The result I get is also approaching -600Pa . But, If I calculate by using Result>>Derived Values>>Surface Average, the values obtained are significantly lower than 600Pa. I tried to change the Coordinate Frame at the Data Set>>Solution 1, but didn't help. Anything that I missed out in the implementation?

Thanks for your ideas.

CN

0 Replies Last Post 12 mars 2014, 03:05 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chin Neng Leong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.