Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multiple domains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hii..

I am trying to run a simulation with multiple domains. Each domain has its own associated domain parameters. The problem is when I change the domain parameter on one domain it changes the said parameter in all the domains. Do I need to add a different domain equation for all the domains?

1 Reply Last Post 18 févr. 2014, 03:06 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 févr. 2014, 03:06 UTC−5
Hi,

You have to map the variables to appropriate domains else you will end up having to write different equations for different domains.

Go to Model>definitions>variables> and add a variable node, there you get an option to select geometric entity level. Select domain and choose whichever domain you want to associate with that variable node.

Suresh
Hi, You have to map the variables to appropriate domains else you will end up having to write different equations for different domains. Go to Model>definitions>variables> and add a variable node, there you get an option to select geometric entity level. Select domain and choose whichever domain you want to associate with that variable node. Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.