Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mesh setting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I have a model which is a very thin film with a thickness of um and length of cm. I get convergence error when I simulate it with Heat Transfer module/Joule Heating! I think that I should use specific techniques for this structure specially in meshing. I attached my file for the film in thickness of 1mm which will not be converged if I change the thickness into um.
Does any body have any idea?
Thanks.

Regards
Elham

1 Reply Last Post 16 janv. 2014, 06:27 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 janv. 2014, 06:27 UTC−5
Hi

Look at my simple model, where I have drawn just two blocks corresponding to your dimensions. Swept mesh seems to work.

BR
Lasse
Hi Look at my simple model, where I have drawn just two blocks corresponding to your dimensions. Swept mesh seems to work. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.