Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone know if it is possible to show a convergence plot during a livelink with Matlab? I'm using version 4.4 and matlab R2013a.

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2 sept. 2016, 10:03 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tony Peyton

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 14 janv. 2015, 11:37 UTC−5
Hi

I read following article in COMSOL about Improving Convergence of Multiphysics Problems:

www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-convergence-multiphysics-problems/

It says that the error plot should go down monotonically and smoothly. However, I got an error plot in which the curve is not continuous. I attached it to this comment. Is there any problem with this error plot or not? My outputs seems correct but I am not sure about this.

Thanks,
Mohsen
Hi I read following article in COMSOL about Improving Convergence of Multiphysics Problems: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-convergence-multiphysics-problems/ It says that the error plot should go down monotonically and smoothly. However, I got an error plot in which the curve is not continuous. I attached it to this comment. Is there any problem with this error plot or not? My outputs seems correct but I am not sure about this. Thanks, Mohsen

Posted: 9 years ago 2 juil. 2015, 09:52 UTC−4
I have the same problem!

Hi

I read following article in COMSOL about Improving Convergence of Multiphysics Problems:

www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-convergence-multiphysics-problems/

It says that the error plot should go down monotonically and smoothly. However, I got an error plot in which the curve is not continuous. I attached it to this comment. Is there any problem with this error plot or not? My outputs seems correct but I am not sure about this.

Thanks,
Mohsen

I have the same problem! [QUOTE] Hi I read following article in COMSOL about Improving Convergence of Multiphysics Problems: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-convergence-multiphysics-problems/ It says that the error plot should go down monotonically and smoothly. However, I got an error plot in which the curve is not continuous. I attached it to this comment. Is there any problem with this error plot or not? My outputs seems correct but I am not sure about this. Thanks, Mohsen [/QUOTE]

Posted: 8 years ago 2 sept. 2016, 10:03 UTC−4
Hi there

You can built a better mesh and try it. Here is an idea to test how good is your mesh.

www.comsol.fr/blogs/size-parameters-free-tetrahedral-meshing-comsol-multiphysics/

Best

Hi there You can built a better mesh and try it. Here is an idea to test how good is your mesh. https://www.comsol.fr/blogs/size-parameters-free-tetrahedral-meshing-comsol-multiphysics/ Best

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.