Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question on a thermal lens

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have encountered a problem.
I put a silicon glass slab exposed under a Gauss beam. Air cooling is added.

For the first step I used RF to see how the light transmitting through the slab, which is working quite well.

For the second step I figured out how the air flows works, which I can still see a good result.

For the third step I want to find how much is the temperature under such a cooling air and such power of optical field. But no matter how large the Gauss beam power is, or no matter how large the imaginary part of the glass refractive index is, the glass slab seems to have no tempareture rising. I don't know where I made the mistake or what physical conditions should be added on. Please some one see this program for me?

Thanks ahead.

--
Just a beginner.

0 Replies Last Post 2 déc. 2013, 01:19 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello chenyy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.