Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to extract wall shear stress of a turbulence flow?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hej,
I modeled a 3D turbulent flow, but I didn't find the expression of wall shear stress?

Is there any one knowing how to extract the wall shear stress in COMSOL?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 19 nov. 2013, 09:09 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 nov. 2013, 09:09 UTC−5
Hello,

I have tried also to measure normal shear stress to a boundary on a liquid solid interface in a 2D-axy model.
I have used a 1D plot group and have plotted: sqrt(spf.KStressn_avr^2+spf.KStressn_avz^2) [N/m^2] on the boundary. I think it's the right way to do but it needs a confirmation.

Julien
Hello, I have tried also to measure normal shear stress to a boundary on a liquid solid interface in a 2D-axy model. I have used a 1D plot group and have plotted: sqrt(spf.KStressn_avr^2+spf.KStressn_avz^2) [N/m^2] on the boundary. I think it's the right way to do but it needs a confirmation. Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.