Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

smart parametric sweep?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was wondering if in Parametric sweep it is possible to update Study Settings based on the up-to-date results of the computation (i.e. based on the results computed from the previous step of the sweep)?

For instance, I want to use parametric sweep to trace the dispersion of a fibre mode. I can use frequency as parameter. For each frequency I want to compute mode effective index. I use Mode Analysis study for this purpose. In the study setting I need to specify the initial guess for the effective index (specifically, it says: "search for modes around ..."). I can put there some number which is fine as initial guess for the INITIAL frequency. But, as frequency changes, the effective index changes as well. It would be wise to substitute effective index computed in the previous step. In this way Comsol could easily trace the mode. However I cannot see how to do this?

1 Reply Last Post 28 nov. 2013, 10:40 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 nov. 2013, 10:40 UTC−5
Hi Andrey,
I have the exact same problem, did you manage to fix it?
Thanks,
Daphné
Hi Andrey, I have the exact same problem, did you manage to fix it? Thanks, Daphné

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.