Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing curved surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a curved surfaces in one of model. The radious is 4mm and full length of the model is 1.5..I have problem in meshing.. Can someone suggest what could be done?

3 Replies Last Post 21 oct. 2013, 04:50 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 oct. 2013, 04:41 UTC−4
What problem you have? Is the model 2D or 3D? Please tell more, I have been meshing curved 3D objects.

Lasse
What problem you have? Is the model 2D or 3D? Please tell more, I have been meshing curved 3D objects. Lasse

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 oct. 2013, 07:08 UTC−4
Dear Lasse,
It is a 3D model. I could not send the model because it is very large. I am sending a snap shot of the model.
Hope it helps to understand the model..
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Nada
Dear Lasse, It is a 3D model. I could not send the model because it is very large. I am sending a snap shot of the model. Hope it helps to understand the model.. Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Nada

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 oct. 2013, 04:50 UTC−4

Dear Lasse,
It is a 3D model. I could not send the model because it is very large. I am sending a snap shot of the model.
Hope it helps to understand the model..
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Nada

You still do not tell what the problem is :) I would mesh first the small rounded object with very fine mesh and then the rest with a large element growth rate.

Lasse
[QUOTE] Dear Lasse, It is a 3D model. I could not send the model because it is very large. I am sending a snap shot of the model. Hope it helps to understand the model.. Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Nada [/QUOTE] You still do not tell what the problem is :) I would mesh first the small rounded object with very fine mesh and then the rest with a large element growth rate. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.