Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling Ions in Plasma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I try to model a 2D-plasma consiting of positive Tritium Ions and Electrons. I tried the DC-Discharge interface and a coupeled Drift diffusion+Electric Currents+Heavy Species interface.
But how can I model properly the ions in the plasma? Especially as I need to specify nondiagonal and different conductivity of ions and electrons (I just saw that possibility in the DC interface for electrons).
And how can I specify a constant backround gas density (positive Tritium) to not run out of Tritium even though I have the irreversible reaction T->e+T+ ? ( in the plasma region there is a constant inflow and outflow of the backround gas.)

0 Replies Last Post 14 oct. 2013, 05:35 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Laura Kuckert

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.